The course assists with setting up an e-mail account, navigating the Internet, desktop, windows and file management. It serves as a useful preparation for progressing to a European Computer Driving Licence qualification (ECDL).
At the end of this 10 week course each successful learner will be awarded an Irish Computer Society (ICS) Equal Skills Certificate.
Details to note:
• Equal Skills at the Library commences on 14th April 2014.
• Learners must be available to attend for one class per week, lasting approximately two hours for a period of 10 weeks.
• There is no charge for the programme and no allowances are paid to participants.
• Equal Skills at the Library is free and open to all adults.
• Places are allocated on a first come, first served basis, however, preference will be given to those learners who are in receipt of Social Welfare entitlements or signing for credits.
• Use of library facilities and PCs is provided.
• Participating libraries are Ennis, Shannon, Scariff, Ennistymon, Kilrush and Kilkee. All class sessions shall take place in the morning from 10.00 am – 12.00 pm with the exception of Kilkee Library. Class room sessions at Kilkee Library shall be in the afternoon from 2.00 pm – 4.00 pm.
• Closing date for applications is the 9th April 2014.
If interested, please collect an application form at the library desk in one of the branch libraries listed above, or download a form by clicking here. Please return completed forms to one of the libraries listed above.
Please note that Clare County Library is not involved in the selection process and candidates will be selected in line with SOLAS selection criteria.